Friday, 16 September 2011

GlossyBox September 2011 ‘5 Future Classics’ Review

 I’ve been testing out GlossyBox products since June and the September box came today, earlier than I expected!




 Firstly the 1.5 ml Eau de Parfum Plum by Mary Greenwell smelt very ‘mumsy’, not a scent I’d wear as a 20 year old and came in one of those awkward tubes to ensure that once opened, the perfume will be all over your fingers.
 It didn’t smell like a plum to me but then again I haven’t sniffed any plums lately, if you want to smell like a plum maybe you’ll love this.

 Day Solution by Green People is a daily moisturiser ‘delicately scented with fairly traded Rose Geranium’. It says to apply to your face and neck but the scent of Rose Geranium is about as delicate as an elephant wearing Dr Martens so it’s now my excellent hand cream for the winter months.

 There were also a couple of sachets of Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner. Apparently it ‘prevents frizz, adds bounce, body and shine’ but as it claimed to be ideal for colour treated hair I’ll be saving this sample for usage when I next highlight/ dye my hair.

Eye&Brow Palette in 'Vamp'.


 I was excited to find a HD Brows Eye&Brow Palette in my GlossyBox, however instead of receiving ‘Bombshell’ for blondes or even ‘Foxy’ for brunettes I got ‘Vamp’ for dark hair… I have blue/ green eyes and medium blonde hair.
 Somehow this product hasn’t matched the preferred requirements in my beauty profile I filled out for GlossyBox but I guess you get whatever products they have left over if there’s a high demand.

 On the plus side, for the price of £19.95 when I only paid £10 and P&P for the entire contents of my GlossyBox I really can’t complain. The shades are too dark for defining my eyebrows but I have been loving matte brown eye shadows recently and now I have 4 more that last ’24 hours’.

 My final and favourite product in this GlossyBox has to be The Green Balm by Moa. I tried this and it’s the most moisturising lip balm I’ve ever used! It is organic and smells very slightly like tea tree oil and my beauty card informs me that it has ‘many weird and wonderful uses’.


 As I’m so nice here are the discount codes for the products in my September box if you wish to purchase anything:

Green People Day Solution. Save £5 when you spend over £20. www.greenpeople.co.uk. Code: Glossy2.

HD Brows Eye&Brow Palette. £5 off at www.hd-brows.co.uk. Code: Glossy3.

Moa The Green Balm. 20% off at www.thegreenbalm.com. Code: LOVEMOA.

Plum by Mary Greenwell Eau de Parfum. 20% off your second item purchased from the Plum collection at www.marygreenwell.com. Code: Just register on the site to receive your discount.

Rahua Shampoo and Conditioner. 10% off at www.beautique.com. Code: RAHUA10.


 For more information about GlossyBox or to see what products were in past boxes you can visit www.glossybox.com.


Lauren Loves ♥: The Green Balm by Moa.


XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment