Friday, 21 October 2011

Glossybox October 2011 'Six Pack' Review

 Another month, another Glossybox. The 6th box had a 6th product but like they say, it's quality not quantity that counts! Here's the October box:


 I received some Dermalogica products, a MultiVitamin Thermafoliant (skin polisher), a MultiVitamin Power Recover Masque, a tiny Renewal Lip Complex (balm) and a beauty bag.


 While the products will surely be useful, the beauty bag is more practical than stylish and I don't think I'll be using it as It's not quite me.

I also got a selection of Robert Piguet perfume samples:


 The (green) perfume called Visa is a little musky but quite sweet, it initially reminded me of a garden center but I'm just weird. The (pink) perfume called Fracas was a bit Grandma-esque but I don't like the smell of lillies. The (red) perfume called Calypso was my favourite, it reminded me of Heat by Beyonce probably because of the amber base.

 I also received a couple of beauty products:


 I love the design of the Leighton Denny Nail polish bottle. Mine was in the shade 'Babydoll' which was unfortunately quite thick when I applied it and streaky. However, I think it looks okay after a second coat. I can't complain as it is priced at £11 and I had the whole box for £10 plus P&P, but I won't be buying that brand of nail polish in a hurry. (If you want to save 15% off this range of nail polishes enter the code GLOSSYBOX at www.lden.co.uk)


 I had a Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof eyeliner in the shade Moray which is a khaki green with a hint of shimmer. It's very similar to the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in the shade Stash but it's a bit darker. I can confirm Glossybox's claim that it does 'glide on delivering intense, vibrant colour with staying power'. My favourite item in the Glossybox, it is a full sized product which would've cost £13! Here's a closer look:


 Hope you enjoyed my review, let me know if you subscribe to Glossybox too or if you're thinking about it!


Lauren Loves ♥: Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof eyeliner.



XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh yes I remember Ryan from school, I've only just taken into consideration your profile picture! It's crazy how connections are made haha!

    I'm so in two minds about the beauty boxes, if I spent a great deal on products every month it would be right up my street! I've got to say though when I see the odd product that is really value for money in the box it sways me. The Dermalogica products are something I would definitely use!

    The eyeliner looks lovely also, really glittery. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so tempted to sign up for a glossy box! love the eyeliner too :) x

    ReplyDelete