Wednesday, 23 November 2011

GlossyBox November 2011 'Christmas Gift Guide: Part 1' Review

 Once again it's GlossyBox time, do you want to see what was in my November box? Of course you do! 

 I was so happy with this month's box, I think it's perfect for winter as your skin and hair can dry out and it is the party season so we all want things to make us feel special.

 GlossyBox has provided lots of perfume samples before but I think that Illamasqua's Freak Eau De Parfum is the best yet, I already enjoyed an Illamasqua Eye shadow previously and now I can't wait to see what they come up with next. I prefer sweeter scented perfumes and I think this one is sweet but has a musky edge, it is indeed 'bottled midnight'.

 Freak contains:
Top Notes: Black Davana, Opium Flower, and Belladonna
Heart Notes: Poison Hemlock, Datura, and Queen of the Night
Base Notes: Frankincense, Oud, and Myrrh.  

 Subscribers get 20% off with a code and I'm totally loving the fantasy elements of the packaging:


 So you're smelling wonderful, why not jazz up your nails too? I haven't used Nail Rock Nail Wraps before but they come with a useful guide and you can see the range of their designs:


  I got 'Black Lace on Red' in my pack, I'm sure they'll be a lot easier to use than creating the lace effect myself and I'll be sure to use them next time I want wow-the-crowd nails.


 The coldness of Winter usually causes everyone to turn their central heating up and BAM... dry hair and dry skin. Luckily I have some products to combat this problem:


 On the left there is Arbonne's Ultra Hydrating Hand Creme, it makes your hands soft and initially smells fresh and fruity as it is made with 'kiwi cell extracts'. Unfortunately I found that the scent faded after a short while and smelt a little bit too much like a citrusy cleaning product for my liking.

 In the middle is Dead Sea Spa Magik's Delicate Boosting Mask. I'm glad I got the one for Dry/ Sensitive skin and it does nourish your skin but it smells horrible, as a facial product this could do with a nicer scent.

 On the right is Phillip Kingsley's Elasticizer, a pre-shampoo treatment to add bounce and shine which I will no doubt need for my hair soon as it is exposed to the harsh elements, I'm keeping this on stand by!

 'We have a special surprise Christmas GlossyBox lined up for you'- okay the card in my box officially made me start being excited for Christmas. If you're struggling to find an xmas gift for a guy they are just launching GlossyBox for Men!

 If you're interested check out: www.glossybox.co.uk


Lauren Loves : Illamasqua- Freak Eau De Parfum.



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment