Thursday, 15 March 2012

GlossyBox March 2012 'The Harrods Edition'




 My Harrods box arrived and after all of the hype (the mystery, the clues!) I was a little bit disappointed but if I pretend that this is a regular box then it has some really amazing samples!



 I received a generous sample size of Versace's Eau De Parfum called Vanitas Versace in a beautiful bottle. It smells fresh and elegant if that's even possible! It has notes of tiare flower, lime and freesia. I probably wouldn't buy the full size bottle as I don't wear perfume that often but it would make a perfect gift for mother's day.


 I also received some body products. The Bliss Blood Orange and White Pepper Body Butter smells amazing, it reminds me of my holiday to Italy when I would drink blood orange juice for breakfast every morning outside in the sunshine. It's a really good sample size and the product is very moisturising, the only problem is the lid as it is hard to open, especially if you've got long nails. 

The Clarins Extra-Firming Body Cream is supposed to 'restore the skin's youthful density and elasticity' and at the ripe old age of 20 I hope my skin is still youthful, although I'll be 21 soon so I might start using this in a couple of months time when my skin rapidly transforms into something resembling a prune. 



 The Lancôme Juicy Tubes Toffee R'N'B 93 lipgloss smells so divine I could eat it. It's not sticky and it's hydrating. With a slight shimmer it looks lovely too, the only downside is that this sample isn't a shade that I'd usually go for.

 The Révive Intensité Crème Lustre with SPF30 is an 'intense, firming moisturizer that helps to reduce the appearance of sagging skin'. It smelt slightly fruity to me but the scent is minimal and pleasant which is what I like in a facial moisturiser. The sample is 7 ml and the 60 ml full size product is worth £235! For that price I expect very amazing things from this product and as I won't ever be paying that much for a moisturiser I'll be keeping this for moments that I really need to look my best.

 I really wanted to try the Ojon oil or the Burberry lipstick but I don't think the shades would've suited me anyway and overall I'm happy with my 'mystery' box! What's the most amount of money you would or have payed for a beauty product, and was it worth it?


Lauren Loves ♥: Harrods + GlossyBox = a winning combination!



XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment